The LWVC Bylaws have been changed to reflect amendments made at LWVUS Convention:
- Removing the citizenship requirement for League membership.
- Instead of removing the age requirement for League membership as proposed, reducing the age requirement to 16 years old.
We anticipate further substantial changes for consideration at the LWVC Convention June 1-4, 2017. To help you understand why, as well as how such changes will be proposed, we recommend you discuss in your League:
- A great article about nonprofit bylaws best practices: “Bylaws Checklist” on BlueAvocado.org
- This short summary of the process for amending LWVC bylaws
- The online form for proposing a change to the LWVC bylaws (also available as a PDF)
Bylaws Q&A Sessions will be available during Convention at the following times and location:
- Friday, June 2, 9:00PM in the Kamilos/Hendricks Room
- Saturday, June 3, 9:00PM in the Tofanelli Room